Keystone Therapy Group - a mental health private practice in Fairfax City, VA - is seeking a Virginia LPC or LMFT Resident for a part-time (8-15 clients per week) W2 position to join our team of therapists. Candidate must have active status as Virginia Resident or meet full requirements to apply with the Board of Counseling upon employment. Our practice has two approved clinical supervisors (one LPC and one LMFT) who will provide regular supervision in residency for hours towards licensure.
At Keystone, we provide mental health therapy to adolescents, young adults, adults, couples and families. We currently offer sessions in-person in Fairfax City, and virtually throughout Virginia. We specialize in working with anxiety, depression, stress management, trauma, LGBTQIA+/gender, and peer/family relationship issues. We are looking for a resident counselor to complement our small team and provide services to clients in these populations as well as others.
As a practice, Keystone provides marketing and client referrals, billing services, insurance credentialing, company email, a weekly consultation group, and electronic health record and practice management software (TherapyNotes). TherapyNotes includes clinical documentation, scheduling, a client portal, and regular email reminder notifications for clients. Therapists manage their own schedules, work with their preferred client populations, and work autonomously with their clients under supervision, allowing them to keep a flexible schedule to maintain a healthy life/work balance. We pride ourselves on a comfortable and bright office culture, inviting therapists to work collaboratively on cases as needed/able.
- The ideal candidate will specialize in providing therapy on weekday afternoons, evenings and/or weekends to adolescents (ages 13-19), young adults, and couples.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced and confident with providing a high level of care via telehealth, and will be open/able to provide care for clients in-person 1-2 days per week.
- Provide a combination of the following mental health services: individual, and couples therapy to adolescents and/or adults.
- Work collaboratively with clients to identify therapeutic needs and define treatment goals to help them achieve their goals.
- Refer patients to the appropriate resources as needed.
- Maintain all clinical paperwork via electronic health records in compliance with HIPAA, state and practice standards. All paperwork must be completed in a timely manner.
- Submit regular time sheets to practice owner for services provided.
- Maintain ongoing, regular clinical supervision with approved supervisor(s).
- Provide recordings of sessions for review with clinical supervisor as part of the supervision process.
- Maintain all required paperwork for residency with approved supervisor(s).
- Maintain the highest ethical standards identified by the ACA’s code of ethics.
- Follow all practice policies and procedures.
- Maintain all licenses, certifications and malpractice insurance required to practice.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Hold an active Virginia resident in counseling license in good standing (LPC or LMFT), or be eligible to apply upon employment with supervision.
- Knowledge and obedience of HIPAA, and federal and state laws.
- Ability to establish effective therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Skill in correctly identifying and diagnosing presenting disorders using the DSM-5-TR.
- Ability to construct appropriate treatment plans in collaboration with clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate via written and verbal methods, and work in collaboration with clients, client families, practice staff and management as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidential information including clinical documentation and protected health information in an electronic health records system (TherapyNotes).
- Positive and compassionate attitude, and ability to work well both independently and with a team.
- Previous experience and willingness to provide therapy to couples and families is preferred.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and two references to Kim Rippy, Practice Owner at [email protected].